GION SHOUJA NO KANE GA NARU (2005)
This was the second EP/mini-album that Alice Nine put out and it is actually really good. Shou’s voice is the only iffy thing about this EP, but, even then, he somehow makes you to want to listen to the songs again. Here’s how I ranked them:
- GOKUSAI GOKUSHOKA GOKUDOUKA [G3]: To this day, this is still one of Alice Nine’s best songs. It seems to be overlooked many times, though, but I would I strongly encourage you to listen to it
- GRADATION: Every time I listen to this song, I’m reminded of that horridly bright music video and how Shou always moved his left shoulder up and down to an irritating extent throughout the video (and it became his signature in future videos/lives). Nevertheless, it’s a good song.
- AKAI KAZAGURUMA: Another good, sort-of classic, rock song
- HOUNTOU SEITEN WA NARI: Couldn’t find a video for this one *cries*
Around five years ago, I decided to listen to EVERY SINGLE ONE of Alice Nine’s (now known as A9) songs and rank them…like the weirdo that I am. Even though these were complete posts, for some reason, I decided not to post them. Since I am in desperate need of a blog post to fill my July slot, and since I’ve been too busy and lazy to finish any dramas or write anything of substance, I decided I would just post these. I mean, all they’re doing in my drafts folder is taking up space.
ADDED: Links to music/MVs
This is the only Alice Nine album that I only find to be OK. But it’s understandable, since it was their first EP and all. I can listen to all the songs and enjoy them (for the most part), but none of the songs really stick out to me. Anyway, here is how I ranked them:
- HIGH COLLAR NARU RONDO (This is a pretty good song)
- HEISEI17 7GATSU 7NICHI
- SOUEN -NAMONAKI KIMI E-
- SHUN KA SHUU TOU (Shunkashuutou) (Sometimes this song annoys me. I love the music video though)