ZEKKEISHOKU Album Cover 1
ZEKKEISHOKU Album Cover 2
Can’t believe I haven’t posted in a couple of months. Agh! Just been very busy…and tired. Very tired. *sigh* Well, here’s a post. I knew I just needed to have one for the first month of the year, and even though it’s late: Happy New Year!
Let me just tell you, I really LOVE these album covers. The red one, especially, just matches the whole tone of the album and songs within it. Now, this was Alice Nine’s first full-length album, and let me tell you, it is one of their best. These songs are so beautiful. Many of them are quite atmospheric.
- ARMOR RING (It took me quite a while for this song to actually hook me. The beginning doesn’t sound very promising, but “I promise to you…” that after the first chorus, you will realize just how great of a song this actually is. The word “Epic” comes to mind. This is another one of Alice Nine’s best songs.)
- CORONA (Another great and atmospheric song. Shou’s vocals are also very nice.)
- jelly fish: A much underrated song. I believe it was written by Saga, and it is one of Alice Nine’s most beautiful songs. It is also in my top five favorite Alice Nine songs. I love how from the very beginning of the song you realize why it was named “jelly fish.” It sounds very oceanic, I guess, for lack of a better word.
- VELVET (Shou’s voice in this song is great! It’s lower than his normal voice, which I love. The song is also really good. It has great dynamics.)
- Q. (A nice short song, showing off the vocals of our precious Saga)
- KOWLOON -NINE HEADS RODEO SHOW– (Another nice hard-ish rock song of Alice Nine’s)
- FANTASY (Although you can tell Shou is struggling with the high notes in this song, it is still very commendable that his voice can reach that high without entering falsetto. Plus the music is really good in this song.)
- HARU, SAKURA NO KORO
- WORLD END ANTHOLOGY
- DEAD SCHOOL SCREAMING
- 3.2.1. REAL -SE-
- KOKKAI NO KURAGE -Instrumental-
KASOU MUSOU SHI
This is another really good Alice Nine EP. I don’t know what else to say about it…
- BYAKUYA NI KURONEKO (I really love this song. The Alice Nine version (and Shou’s voice) is a lot better than the Givuss version)
- YAMI NI CHIRU SAKURA (This is another good song. This song shows off Alice Nine’s sort-of “hard-rock” side, though I don’t know if it could technically be classified as hard-rock)
- GIN NO TSUKI KUROI HOSHI (I love the hand motions Shou and the audience do to this song during concerts)
- YURI HA(wa) AOKU SAITE (This is a nice, pretty song)
- SEIJA NO PARADE
- KOUSAI STRIPE
- MUGEN NO HANA
GION SHOUJA NO KANE GA NARU (2005)
This was the second EP/mini-album that Alice Nine put out and it is actually really good. Shou’s voice is the only iffy thing about this EP, but, even then, he somehow makes you to want to listen to the songs again. Here’s how I ranked them:
- GOKUSAI GOKUSHOKA GOKUDOUKA [G3]: To this day, this is still one of Alice Nine’s best songs. It seems to be overlooked many times, though, but I would I strongly encourage you to listen to it
- GRADATION: Every time I listen to this song, I’m reminded of that horridly bright music video and how Shou always moved his left shoulder up and down to an irritating extent throughout the video (and it became his signature in future videos/lives). Nevertheless, it’s a good song.
- AKAI KAZAGURUMA: Another good, sort-of classic, rock song
- HOUNTOU SEITEN WA NARI: Couldn’t find a video for this one *cries*
Otherwise known as, “Horny Teenagers and Their Teachers.”
Ratings out of 10:
Plot Development: 5
Scum’s Wish earns a solid “meh” from me. Except for the ending, which was absolutely perfect, and the music was pretty good also. The rest of it was just okay. I hopped into the drama not knowing anything about the manga/anime. When I read the description, I thought it was a gay girl who was in love with a straight girl and a gay boy who was in love with a straight boy who came together and wallowed in their despair that their love would never be returned.
Around five years ago, I decided to listen to EVERY SINGLE ONE of Alice Nine’s (now known as A9) songs and rank them…like the weirdo that I am. Even though these were complete posts, for some reason, I decided not to post them. Since I am in desperate need of a blog post to fill my July slot, and since I’ve been too busy and lazy to finish any dramas or write anything of substance, I decided I would just post these. I mean, all they’re doing in my drafts folder is taking up space.
ADDED: Links to music/MVs
This is the only Alice Nine album that I only find to be OK. But it’s understandable, since it was their first EP and all. I can listen to all the songs and enjoy them (for the most part), but none of the songs really stick out to me. Anyway, here is how I ranked them:
- HIGH COLLAR NARU RONDO (This is a pretty good song)
- HEISEI17 7GATSU 7NICHI
- SOUEN -NAMONAKI KIMI E-
- SHUN KA SHUU TOU (Shunkashuutou) (Sometimes this song annoys me. I love the music video though)